We can only deal with complaints about the personal conduct of judicial office holders. This means that we cannot accept complaints about a judge’s decision or the way a judge has managed a case. Complaints which fall outside our remit will be rejected.

If you believe the way that a judge has handled a hearing or a judge’s decision was unfair, you might be able to appeal to a higher court. The JCIO is unable to intervene in court cases. We would suggest seeking advice about your options from a solicitor, law centre or the Citizens Advice.